Effective April 1, 2019
Eligible MUHA employees may transfer PTO hours in support of the 2019 YES Campaign. This request is separate and independent of any other pledges to the YES Campaign. The transferred hours will not be considered gross income and concerned employees will not pay the usual taxes on the value of the leave transferred. Tax counsel has advised that PTO hours transferred cannot be claimed as a tax deductible gift. The deadline to complete this request is Saturday, June 1, 2019. PTO Balance will be updated to reflect transfer request on Wednesday, June 19, 2019.
To request a transfer of PTO hours to support the YES Campaign:
- Log into My Records and click “My PTO Conversion”.
Enter the amount of PTO hours (minimum of 1 hour and maximum of 40 hours) you wish to transfer in the box available under “Conversion Hours”.
Under “Convert To” indicate which fund(s) you wish to designate (to designate multiple funds hold down “Ctrl” key and highlight specific funds). If you do not have a preference, select “No Preference”.
Select “Update Records” to save and submit request.
The following Medical Center funds (areas of need) may be designated on your request. You may select more than one fund.
- MUSC Shawn Jenkins Children’s Hospital Building Fund – supports the building of the new Children’s Hospital and Women’s Pavilion
- Adopt a Buddy-Pet Therapy Support Fund – supports the Pet Therapy program
- Arts in Healing – to support the Arts in Healing program
- Giving Back Program – to help pay for hospital upgrades, new equipment, new and expanded patient care programs, patient education materials and continuing education for caregivers.
- Hospital Authority Fund – general funds for the Hospital Authority
- Medical Center Volunteer and Candy Striper Programs – provides refreshments to patients’ family members
- Medical Center Building Fund – supports hospital medical equipment, staff development and training and Pastoral Care needs
- MUSC ART Acquisition and Conservancy Fund – for the acquisition of art in any MUSC facility
- Patient Assistance Fund – assists adult patients and their families with lodging needs during their patients’ hospital stay
For questions on PTO transfer, please contact the MUHA Payroll Department directly at: