It's time to make choices for 2017. The 2016 Benefits Advantage details your insurance options and outlines what changes you can make between October 1 and October 31. All premium and plan changes are effective January 1, 2017.
There are no increases to employee premiums for 2017. You do not need to do anything if you are satisfied with your current insurance coverage; however, employees are required to enroll or re-enroll in the MoneyPlus medical spending or dependent care spending accounts during October enrollment to participate in 2017.
To review or make changes to your insurance benefits, register for the PEBA website "My Benefits" To register, employees will need the Benefits Identification Number (BIN) from their health insurance card or may obtain their BIN from the "My Benefits" website.
Employees who are enrolling or re-enrolling in a Medical Spending or Dependent Care Account will need to initiate their 2017 account online with WageWorks. Employees no longer have to wait one year before enrolling in a Medical Spending Account.
For additional information regarding your insurance benefits, please refer to the Insurance Benefits Guide or the MUSC Health Plan website. You can also review the 2017 Comparison of Benefits (PDF).
During the 2016 Insurance Enrollment you may make the following changes:
- Enroll in or drop health insurance for yourself and/or eligible dependents*
- Enroll in or drop vision insurance for yourself and/or eligible dependents*
- Enroll/re-enroll in Medical Spending or Dependent Care Accounts (this is required every year)
- Increase optional or spouse life insurance with medical evidence of good health
- Decrease or drop optional life insurance or spouse life insurance
- State Savings Plan participants may switch to the MUSC Health Plan
- With medical evidence of good health, active employees may apply to enroll in SLTD coverage throughout the year.
- Enroll in the Tricare Supplement (for eligible members of the military community)
*Documentation is required to add dependents to coverage
The University and Medical Center Benefit Offices will be hosting the Annual Benefits Fair on Friday, September 23, 2016 from 8:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. around the Colbert Library and Education Center. Benefits staff and plan representatives will be on-site to answer questions.
Learn more about PEBA Perks, the value-based benefits offered at no cost to employees enrolled in the MUSC Health Plan or the Savings Plan.