Master Facilitator Criteria & Application
To be eligible for the Master Facilitator designation at the MUSC Health care Simulation Center, the designee must:
- Have facilitated at least 5 simulation sessions or 10 hours of simulation in the past 12 months.
- Submit a standard simulation bio sketch(PDF) documenting simulation professional development and other simulation activities.
- Undergo a formal review of at least one simulation session (combination of participant evaluations and observation by the MUSC Health care Simulation Center Director or other qualified observer).1
- Successfully complete the MUSC HSC Facilitator Training course (Moodle).2
1Criteria 3 may be waived for facilitators who have at least 36 months’ experience as an MUSC Health care Simulation Center facilitator with an average of at least 5 simulation sessions for 10 hours of simulation per year.
2Criteria 4 may be waived for facilitators who have previously participated in simulation-specific continuing education or professional development or have contributed to the advancement of simulation, through national or regional presentation, publication, or research.
Master Facilitators are required to submit an updated simulation bio sketch each year and participate in at least one of the following:
- Formal review of at least one simulation session (combination of participant evaluations and observation).
- Continuing education or professional development related to simulation.
- Regional or national presentation or publication related to simulation.