New Employee Onboarding
Welcome to Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC). You have joined the team that is Changing What's Possible in health care, education and biomedical research.
The following is a list of what you need to do to complete your onboarding:
The first step on your MUSC journey is to accept your offer letter and
complete your onboarding form. You
may login via the Employee Portal.
- Background Screen: Time Sensitive- See employee portal for more information.
- Employee Health Clearance: For more information on what is involved
in the employee health clearance, visit your Employee Health task in the Employee Portal.
- I-9 Form: I-9 Form (PDF) and 2 forms of acceptable documents (PDF). You will need to complete Section 1 of the Form I-9 and your onboarding specialist will contact you with directions on verifying your acceptable documents. Once verified, please upload your documents.
- Submit a badge picture: Employees must submit a photograph to MUSC Department of Public Safety prior to orientation. The photo must meet the following requirements for approval and be submitted no later than 12-noon on the Friday before the scheduled orientation:
• Color photo.
• Background must be a solid color, preferably of a lighter shade.
• Must be a frontal view, cropped from the shoulders up to include the full head. No side views.
• No other person or objects in the photo (eyeglasses are acceptable, no sunglasses or hats).
• Format can be BMP, JPG, or PNG. A photo taken with a smart phone and emailed from the phone will meet the required format (please choose "actual" or "original" for message size if prompted).
Please email the photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full legal name, department name, and anticipated orientation date. (For example: Jane Mary Doe, Department of Medicine, attending orientation on 9/21/15.)
- Additional Resources for Onboarding: International employees are required to provide their Visa and any supporting documentation (I-797, I-94, etc). For visa inquiries, please call the Office of International Support at 843-792-7083 or the Department of Human Resources Management at 843-792-2237.
Human Resources Management offers a New Employee Orientation which provides information about our institution, as well as an overview of your insurance and retirement benefits.
Orientation is now separated into two parts:
- MUSC will be hosting a Virtual Orientation Overview on Mondays at 9am via WebEx. This should last approximately 30 minutes. The new hires will receive a link via email the Friday prior to their orientation date. We will be going over the document attached.
- They will be required to complete the University Virtual New Hire Orientation 2020 modules in MyQuest with 14 days of their start date.
Unsure if you are required to attend orientation? Take this questionnaire.
Benefits Information & Enrollment
Please review a benefits presentation (PDF) prior to your orientation date. Benefits counselors will be available to answer any questions that you have and assist you with completion of the necessary forms. You will also need to bring social security numbers, dates of birth, and additional documentation to add dependents to insurance or select a beneficiary. Please review the Dependent Documentation List (PDF) required to add dependents to your coverage. Please also review the Federally Mandated Notices (PDF).
If you are a transfer employee from MUHA or another SC State agency, please review the Transfer Benefits and Retirement Document (PDF).