Welcome to Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC). You have joined the team that is Changing What's Possible in health care, education and biomedical research.
The following is a list of what you need to do to complete your onboarding:
- The first step on your MUSC journey is to accept your offer letter and complete your onboarding form. You may login via the Employee Portal.
- Background Screen: Time Sensitive- See employee portal for more information.
- Employee Health Clearance: For more information on what is involved in the employee health clearance, visit EHS Clearance Requirements.
- I-9 Form: I-9 Form (PDF) and 2 forms of acceptable documents (PDF). You will need to bring identification found on the list for the Form I-9 and Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program. You will need to bring this form with you to Human Resources after you receive your clearance from Employee Health Services. WE CAN NOT ACCEPT COPIES.
- Submit a badge picture: see below for instructions
Additional Resources for Onboarding:
International employees are required to provide their Visa and any supporting documentation (I-797, I-94, etc). For visa inquiries, please call the Office of International Support at 843-792-7083 or the Department of Human Resources Management at 843-792-2237.
Parking Management will be on-site to assist you with your parking assignment (PDF) during your employment. Please bring your vehicle registration, along with any documents or forms not completed during administrative sign-up.
Human Resources Management offers a New Employee Orientation which provides information about our institution, as well as an overview of your insurance and retirement benefits.
Orientation is currently held in the MUSC Wellness Center Auditorium located at 45 Courtenay Drive, Charleston, SC 29425 at 9:00 am on Monday mornings, or Tuesday if Monday is a holiday. Orientation will end no later than 12:00 pm and employees are encouraged to report to their department for the remainder of the day.
Faculty members should be prepared to take their professional picture for the website after you check in for orientation. A professional photographer will be there starting at 8:30am.
Parking for Orientation:
Please park in the President Street Parking Garage located at 91 President Street, Charleston, SC 29425.
When you stop at the parking booth, let them know you are there for University Orientation. They will present you with a day pass. Place this on your dashboard. You will need to park on the roof, otherwise you may be ticketed.
You may leave your car in the garage all-day, however you will not be allowed to leave and come back. Please plan accordingly.
Unsure if you are required to attend orientation? Take this questionnaire.
Benefits Information & Enrollment
Please review a benefits presentation (PDF) prior to your orientation date. Benefits counselors will be available to answer any questions that you have and assist you with completion of the necessary forms. You will also need to bring social security numbers, dates of birth, and additional documentation to add dependents to insurance or select a beneficiary. Please review the list of documents (PDF) required to add dependents to your coverage.
Instructions for Submitting ID Badge Photograph
Preferred method: Employees can submit a photograph to MUSC Department of Public Safety prior to orientation. The photo must meet the following requirements for approval and be submitted no later than 12-noon on the Friday before the scheduled orientation:
- Color photo.
- Background must be a solid color, preferably of a lighter shade.
- Must be a frontal view, cropped from the shoulders up to include the full head. No side views.
- No other person or objects in the photo (eyeglasses are acceptable, no sunglasses or hats).
- Format can be BMP, JPG, or PNG. A photo taken with a smart phone and emailed from the phone will meet the required format (please choose "actual" or "original" for message size if prompted).
Please email the photograph to email@example.com and include your full legal name, department name, and anticipated orientation date. (For example: Jane Mary Doe, Department of Medicine, attending orientation on 9/21/15.)
You will receive an email from MUSC Department of Public Safety confirming that your photograph has been approved. Your badge will be available at orientation.
Alternative method:You may also stop by Public Safety located at 101 Doughty Street, Charleston, SC 29425 after you Employee Health Screening appointment. They will take your picture and your badge will be available at orientation.
Failure to do either one of these methods will result in the employee going to Public Safety after orientation to receive their badge.