Preparing for Retirement
Our benefits counselors have been trained in the retirement process and will meet with you individually so you receive personalized advice specific to your retirement eligibility. We recommend that you schedule a preliminary appointment with your benefits counselor three to six months in advance to review and complete the paperwork.
Please also review information pertaining to retirement at the links below. Human Resources hosts two "Preparing for Retirement" seminars each year. Please search for this course in MyQuest to register.
- Retirement plans offered to MUSC employees.
- Retirement Frequenting Asked Questions.
- Review the ORP Retirement Checklist and PORS and SCRS Retirement Checklist.
- ORP Retiree Packet
- PORS Retiree Packet
- SCRS Retiree Packet
- Eligibility criteria regarding the continuation of health, dental, and/or vision insurance as a retiree.
- View your benefits with the Social Security Administration and determine Medicare eligibility.