Are you preparing for retirement? MUSC is here to help guide you through the retirement process. MUSC employees may be enrolled in one of three state retirement plans, each of which have different regulations regarding retirement eligibility. Employees may also qualify to continue their health, dental, and/or vision insurance, for life, if they meet certain criteria.
Human Resources have a highly qualified staff of benefits professionals to assist you with this very important decision. Our benefits counselors have been trained in each component of the retirement process and will meet with you individually so you receive personalized advice specific to your retirement eligibility. We recommend that you schedule a preliminary appointment with your benefits counselor a year in advance to ensure that you have a clear understanding of what steps you need to take.
In addition to the personalized service our staff provides, you may also review information pertaining to retirement at the links below. Human Resources also hosts two "Preparing for Retirement" seminars each year. Please review the HR Training Calendar for specifics and to register.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions and congratulations on this important milestone.
- Retirement plans offered to MUSC employees.
- Retirement Frequenting Asked Questions.
- Review the ORP Retirement Checklist and PORS and SCRS Retirement Checklist.
- ORP Retiree Packet
- PORS Retiree Packet
- SCRS Retiree Packet
- Preparing for Retirement Presentation.
- PORS Get Set for Retirement Presentation.
- Eligibility criteria regarding the continuation of health, dental, and/or vision insurance as a retiree.
- View your benefits with the Social Security Administration.
- Determine Medicare eligibility.
- PEBA Medicare Handbook.