MUSC offers employees in benefits-eligible positions a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as flexible spending accounts and retirement plans. You can review available plans in the New Hire Benefits Presentation (PDF).
Employees in classified, faculty, postdoctoral scholar, research grant, and resident positions are eligible for insurance benefits if they are employed at least 20 hours per week or more (.50 %FTE). Temporary employees who work at least 30 hours per week (.75 %FTE) may be eligible for insurance based on their position.
Employees who occupy a classified or faculty position earning more than $100 per month are required to participate and contribute to one of two SC Public Employee Benefits Authority (PEBA) retirement plans. Postdoctoral scholar, research grant, resident, and temporary employees are eligible to participate in one of the plans, unless they have an active or inactive SCRS account, which then requires that they participate.
Benefits Counselors are available to assist you by phone at 843-792-2071, Option 4; by emailing email@example.com or by appointment Monday through Friday from 8:30 am until 4:30 pm. The Benefits Office is located in Room 102 on the first floor of Harborview Office Tower.
News & Links
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Benefits Contacts
- Benefits Training
- Dental Plans
- Faculty Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Plans
- HR Policy No.30 - Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) - PDF
- Insurance Benefits Guide - PDF
- Insurance Guidelines
- Lactation Support of Breastfeeding Mothers
- Leaving Employment
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- New Hire Insurance Notices - PDF
- Open Enrollment & Changing Your Benefits
- Other Benefits: Perks & Discounts
- Postdoctoral Fellow Benefits
- Premiums - PDF
- Preparing for Retirement
- Select Your Retirement Plan Guide - PDF
- State Retirement Plans
- Summary of Benefits & Copays - PDF
- Supplemental Insurance & Short Term Disability
- Supplemental Retirement Plans
- Tobacco Certifications
- Vision Benefits