MUSC offers employees in benefits-eligible positions a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as flexible spending accounts and retirement plans. You can review available plans in the New Hire Benefits Presentation (PDF).
Employees in classified, faculty, postdoctoral scholar, research grant, and resident positions are eligible for insurance benefits if they are employed at least 20 hours per week or more (.50 FTE). Temporary employees who work at least 30 hours per week may be eligible for insurance based on their position.
Employees who occupy a classified or faculty position earning more than $100 per month are required to participate and contribute to one of two SC Public Employee Benefits Authority (PEBA) retirement plans. Postdoctoral scholar, research grant, resident, and temporary employees are eligible to participate in one of the plans, unless they have an active or inactive SCRS account, which then requires that they participate.
Benefits Counselors are available to assist you by phone at 843-792-2071, Option 4; by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by appointment every day from 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. The Benefits Office is located in Room 102 on the first floor of Harborview Office Tower.
News & Links
- Health Plans
- New Hire Insurance Notices (PDF)
- Tobacco Certifications
- Dental Plans
- Life Insurance
- Vision Benefits
- Faculty Benefits
- Premiums (PDF)
- Summary of Benefits & Copays (PDF)
- Insurance Guidelines
- Open Enrollment & Changing Your Benefits
- Benefit's Contacts
- Insurance Benefits Guide (PDF)
- Overview of all insurance plans. Print version is not available.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Long Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance & Short Term Disability
- State Retirement Plans
- Supplemental Retirement Plans
- Select Your Retirement Plan Guide (PDF)
- Preparing for Retirement
- Leaving Employment
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Benefits Training
- Postdoctoral Fellow Benefits
- HR Policy 30 Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) (PDF)
- Lactation Support of Breastfeeding Mothers
- Other Benefits- Perks and Discounts