Ending Your H-1B Employment at MUSC

MUSC H-1B employees must notify the Center for Global Health prior to leaving employment, regardless of the reason for the end of the employment (termination, voluntary resignation, H-1B sponsorship from another employer, etc.). MUSC is required by law to report this information to the federal government.

If you have accepted an offer of employment from another employer, refer to our H-1B Change of Employer page for more information on H-1B portability. In these situations, you still must notify the Center for Global Health in advance regarding your plan to leave your H-1B employment at MUSC.

There is no official “grace period” for H-1B status after the H-1B end date on the H-1B approval notice. You should plan to depart from the United States immediately at the end of your H-1B authorization period if you have not received a change or extension of status, or if another employer has not filed a new H-1B petition on your behalf.