Reporting Prohibited Conduct

MUSC strongly encourages individuals who have experienced, have knowledge of, or have witnessed sexual or gender-based harassment or other forms of sexual misconduct committed by or against students, staff, or faculty to report the incident immediately to the university.

If you experience or witness any form of Prohibited Conduct, please report it by emailing or using the Prohibited Conduct Response Form, or submitting a written complaint in person to the Department of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, located at: 169 Ashley Ave. Main Hospital, H246, Charleston, South Carolina 29425-5020

We are also working with other university offices which provide support services to our community, including CAPS, EAP, Public Safety, and the Office of Student Programs and Student Diversity to ensure remote access to university resources. If you are having difficulty remotely accessing those services, please email us at: or 843-792-1072.

Reporting to Law Enforcement

All members of the MUSC community have the right to make a report or to decline to make a report to law enforcement. Police have a unique legal authority to seek and execute search warrants, collect forensic evidence that may have been left at relevant locations, and make arrests when there is probable cause to believe that a crime had been committed. Law enforcement can be reached at any time by calling “911” for emergencies or one of the numbers listed below.

Time Limitations

There is no time limit for reporting Prohibited Conduct. However, to maximize MUSC’s ability to gather relevant and reliable information, contact witnesses, investigate thoroughly, and respond meaningfully, complainants and individuals with information are urged to make reports as soon as possible. If a report is filed against an individual who is no longer a student or employee at MUSC, the university will not have disciplinary authority over the respondent. In the event the respondent is not affiliated with MUSC at the time of the report, the Complainant will still be entitled to make use of any of the resources available to students and may seek assistance from the university in identifying and contacting law enforcement.

Reporting Externally

All members of the MUSC community (student, faculty, or staff) may also file a Title IX complaint with the US Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights (“OCR”).

To file a complaint with OCR visit the OCR website.